Saturday, December 29, 2012

(Hyacinth) Bucket List

 
"Keeping Up Appearances" is a British comedy about a middle class woman, Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced by her as 'Bouquet'), who yearns for a higher social status and seizes every opportunity to climb the social ladder, usually with a lot of mishaps along the way. In honor of her, this is my Bucket List of classy things I'd like to do.

1. Have dinner at Noma in Denmark.
2. Fly first class to get there.
3. Drink tea at Makbari Tea Plantation in Darjeeling, India.
4. Enter a cat in the Supreme Championship show.
5. See an opera at Teatro Massimo in Palermo.
6. Stay at a penthouse suite in Geneva.
7. Have a kobe beef barbecue.
8 Go on a champagne hot air balloon trip in France.
9. Have lunch at Thornbury Castle.
10. Drink wine recovered from a sunken ship.

Ah, who I am kidding? I feel guilty if I spend more than $20 on a meal....but it was fun to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment